Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Quilter Profile - Vicky Kuykendall




1.  I have been quilting since 1983.  I helped quilt my wedding tricot quilt.  Prior to this, I helped tie quilts in Young Women.

2.  I have made one quilt and 2-3 quilt tops.

3.  What pattern or type of quilt do you enjoy making?  I'm a Log Cabin Babe

4.  Is there something distinctive about your quilting style?  I dislike cutting of triangles so I fold them so it's layered.

5.  What is your earliest quilting memory?  Playing under quilts my mom and Grandma(Wanda Hurst Palmer Laws) were quilting.

6.  I have been a member of the Grayson Country Quilt Guild since 1998.

7.  I was taught to quilt by my mother, Sandra Laws Jackson.  I am more a piecer than a quilter.

8.  Who do you usually make quilts for?  My children.

9.  My favorite quilt I ever made was the Bow Tie.  I liked the layered look.  I like 3-D.

No comments:

Post a Comment