Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Quilter Profile - Gayle Marian




1.  I have been quilting since 1960.

2.  I have made approximately 15 quilts.

3.  What pattern or type of quilt do you enjoy making?  Log cabin

4.  Is there something distinctive about your quilting style?  No.

5.  What is your earliest quilting memory?   Watching my mother tie a quilt, without a frame, while it was lying on a bed.  My mother died when I was 11.

6.  I have been a member of the Grayson Country Quilt Guild since 1995.  I was a charter member.

7.  I was taught to quilt by my grandmother, Maggie Myrtle Ferguson Morris, in Virginia.

8.  Who do you usually make quilts for?   Family.

9.  My favorite quilt I ever made was the log cabin one for the family reunion.  I just liked the way it looked after it was quilted.

No comments:

Post a Comment