Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Quilter Profile - Sidney Christensen



1.  I have been quilting since 1996.

2.  I have made approximately 30 quilts.

3.  What pattern or type of quilt do you enjoy making?   I love quilts that contain flying geese in them.
4.  Is there something distinctive about your quilting style?  Over all, I like 'easy' patterns that don't take a lot of time.

5.  What is your earliest quilting memory?    When I was six or seven, I was at Relief Society Workday and I wanted to hand quilt a quilt.  I did a few stitches and the lady who was over it got mad at me because the stitches were not showing up on the bottom.  She made me quit!  (I guess this is why I don't like to handquilt!?!)

6.  I have been a member of the Grayson Country Quilt Guild since 2010.

7.  I was taught to quilt by a friend, Sheri Haderlie.

8.  Who do you usually make quilts for?   Family and friends and ME.

9.  My favorite quilt I ever made was for my husband Mike.  He had just published his first novel - Tomb of the Devils - and I made a quilt of his book cover.   Now days, I'm not really sure it looks like his book cover.  This was one of my first quilts and now, I'd do it much differently!

No comments:

Post a Comment