Thursday, February 17, 2011

Quilter Profile - Eve Lynn Perkins



1.  I have been quilting for about 75 years.

2.  I have made approximately - wish I knew - quilts.

3.  What pattern or type of quilt do you enjoy making?  Stars are my favorite.

4.  Is there something distinctive about your quilting style?   I like to applique something on each quilt I make.

5.  What is your earliest quilting memory?   When I was ten years old I made my tobbaco quilt, from my dad's bull durham sacks. I collected them and made a quilt out of them.  I have still have it.

6.  I have been a member of the Grayson Country Quilt Guild since 1995.  I was a charter member.

7.  I was taught to quilt by my mother.
8.  Who do you usually make quilts for?   Grandkids and kids and new babies in the neighborhood

9.  My favorite quilt I ever made was a basket quilt, I saw a picture and fell in love with the quilt.  It took me three years to find the right fabric and three more years to get it made.

No comments:

Post a Comment