Thursday, February 17, 2011
Quilter Profile - Eve Lynn Perkins
1. I have been quilting for about 75 years.
2. I have made approximately - wish I knew - quilts.
3. What pattern or type of quilt do you enjoy making? Stars are my favorite.
4. Is there something distinctive about your quilting style? I like to applique something on each quilt I make.
5. What is your earliest quilting memory? When I was ten years old I made my tobbaco quilt, from my dad's bull durham sacks. I collected them and made a quilt out of them. I have still have it.
6. I have been a member of the Grayson Country Quilt Guild since 1995. I was a charter member.
7. I was taught to quilt by my mother.
8. Who do you usually make quilts for? Grandkids and kids and new babies in the neighborhood
9. My favorite quilt I ever made was a basket quilt, I saw a picture and fell in love with the quilt. It took me three years to find the right fabric and three more years to get it made.