Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Quilter Profile - Gail Glover



1.  How long have you been quilting? 33 years

2.  Approximately how many quilts have you made? It’s just a guess, but I think it’s at least 100.

3.  What pattern or type of quilt do you enjoy making?  I rarely make a quilt out of the same pattern twice, but I really enjoy chain piecing, paper-piecing, curved piecing, rag quilting. I love it all.

4.  Is there something distinctive about your quilting style? I am too much of a novice to have any distinction yet. Ask me again in 30 years.

5.  What is your earliest quilting memory? I can’t remember what I did yesterday, so how can I be expected to remember my grandmother’s quilts? Seriously, I do remember my grandmother storing her quilts laid out flat between her box springs and mattress. When one of us graduated or got married, we helped her lift the mattress, so that we could pick our quilt gift.

6.  Guild member since January 2010. I actually joined as one of the original charter members, but I have been inactive for years.

7.  I was taught to quilt by reading books and magazines, and by watching master quilters like Kathy Hurst, Evelynn Perkins, Bonnie Meyer, Janet Wilcox, Norma Madden, Gayle Shumway, . . . Then I just practiced what I saw and read, and I am still learning.

8.  Who do you usually make quilts for? Family, Friends, Strangers, . . .

9.  My favorite quilt I ever made was a white-on-white double wedding ring quilt for my youngest daughter’s wedding. Other than that, I am usually very enamored of whichever quilt I am creating at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment