Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Quilter Profile - Jeri Montella



1.  I have been quilting for about 10 years.

2.  I have made approximately 100+ quilts.

3.  What pattern or type of quilt do you enjoy making?  Dressed up Levi Quilts.  I think what I love most about quilting is the beautiful fabrics that are available.  I could spend hours (and have) just browsing through the quilt shops.

4.  Is there something distinctive about your quilting style?   I love to quilt my quilts to DEATH!  The tighter and more intricate the pattern the better!

5.  What is your earliest quilting memory?   My mother made finished one quilt that I remember.  I remember loving the different colors and how the pattern fit together.

6.  I have been a member of the Grayson Country Quilt Guild since 2005.

7.  I was taught to quilt by MYSELF.

8.  Who do you usually make quilts for?   Family & Friends, Special Occasions, or Just Because

9.  My favorite quilt I ever made was MY KINGDOM FOR A TOAD baby quilt and the Levi Quilts for my children, neices & nephews.  It was fun, used a lot of bright colors and each toad had a slightly different expression despite using the same pattern for each.  The Levi quilts were fun becuase I got to decorate each differently according to the owner's personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment