Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Quilter Profile - Jeri Montella
1. I have been quilting for about 10 years.
2. I have made approximately 100+ quilts.
3. What pattern or type of quilt do you enjoy making? Dressed up Levi Quilts. I think what I love most about quilting is the beautiful fabrics that are available. I could spend hours (and have) just browsing through the quilt shops.
4. Is there something distinctive about your quilting style? I love to quilt my quilts to DEATH! The tighter and more intricate the pattern the better!
5. What is your earliest quilting memory? My mother made finished one quilt that I remember. I remember loving the different colors and how the pattern fit together.
6. I have been a member of the Grayson Country Quilt Guild since 2005.
7. I was taught to quilt by MYSELF.
8. Who do you usually make quilts for? Family & Friends, Special Occasions, or Just Because
9. My favorite quilt I ever made was MY KINGDOM FOR A TOAD baby quilt and the Levi Quilts for my children, neices & nephews. It was fun, used a lot of bright colors and each toad had a slightly different expression despite using the same pattern for each. The Levi quilts were fun becuase I got to decorate each differently according to the owner's personality.