Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Quilter Profile - Janet Wilcox
1. I have been quilting for 54 years.
2. I have made approximately 65 big quilts and 60 twin or smaller quilts.
3. What pattern or type of quilt do you enjoy making? Anything that can be cut with a rotary blade, and stripped sewn.
4. Is there something distinctive about your quilting style? Bright colors, quick and easy
5. What is your earliest quilting memory? Making a fan quilt from fabric scraps of clothes I had made. Grandma helped me with the pattern. Mom helped me assemble fabric.
6. I have been a member of the Grayson Country Quilt Guild since 1995. I was a charter member.
7. I was taught to quilt by Eve Lyn Perkins, Glenna Webb, and Kathy Hurst. All are role models for being a tidy quilter.
8. Who do you usually make quilts for? Family and relatives, and special occassions
9. My favorite quilt I ever made was 2005 Centennial Quilt, because it shows the history of our family and our home.