Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Quilter Profile - Janet Wilcox



1.  I have been quilting for 54 years.

2.  I have made approximately 65 big quilts and 60 twin or smaller quilts.

3.  What pattern or type of quilt do you enjoy making?  Anything that can be cut with a rotary blade, and stripped sewn.
4.  Is there something distinctive about your quilting style?  Bright colors, quick and easy

5.  What is your earliest quilting memory?    Making a fan quilt from fabric scraps of clothes I had made.  Grandma helped me with the pattern.  Mom helped me assemble fabric.
6.  I have been a member of the Grayson Country Quilt Guild since 1995.  I was a charter member.

7.  I was taught to quilt by Eve Lyn Perkins, Glenna Webb, and Kathy Hurst.  All are role models for being a tidy quilter.
8.  Who do you usually make quilts for?   Family and relatives, and special occassions
9.  My favorite quilt I ever made was 2005 Centennial Quilt, because it shows the history of our family and our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment