Thursday, February 17, 2011

Quilter Profile - Rosalie Payne



1.  I have been quilting for 14 years.

2.  I have made approximately 125+ quilts. 

3.  What pattern or type of quilt do you enjoy making? Right now I'm using fabrics from my stash.  I've always loved scrap quilts or anything that looks like my grandmother might have made it.

4.  Is there something distinctive about your quilting style?   Probably not

5.  What is your earliest quilting memory?    Helping my grandmother with a quilt for a cousin's wedding.  I was about five years old and had a great time "quilting" on a bit in the corner.   Even though my efforts ended up looking like a crazy spider web, Grandma wouldn't allow anyone to unpick my stiches.  She told everyone that they were done with love. 

6.  I was a member of the Grayson Country Quilt Guild from 1997 to 2007.

7.  My first quilting class was taught by Becky Reissner (Log Cabin Quilt class taught in the basement of Redd's True Value in the summer of 1997).  I've also learned from some of Blanding's finest quilters -- Bonnie Meyer, EveLynn Perkins, Norma Madden, Lynnette Adams, Janet Wilcox, Kathy Hurst and Josephine Bayles to name just few. 
8.  Who do you usually make quilts for?   My nieces and nephews

9.  My favorite quilt I ever made is probably the one that I am working on at the time.  A couple that rank in the top would be my postage stamp quilt and one with 110 hand embroidered blocks called "Favorite People, Places and Things.                                                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment