Thursday, December 20, 2012

Cream of Any Vegetable Soup - Recipe

This is my FAVORITE recipe.  I just put in whatever vegetables I have in the fridge/freezer that need to be used.  I've used any and every vegetable and it never fails!


Cream of Any Vegetable Soup
Sidney Christensen


1 cup chicken broth
3 cups of vegetables  (For Wednesday evening I used broccoli, asparagus, carrots and celery)
3 TBSP flour
1/4 cup butter
2 cups milk
1 cup cheese
8 ounces of sour cream

Boil and vegetables and chicken broth for 20-25 minutes until soft.  Pour in a blender and blend together.  In the same pan you cooked the vegetables and chicken in, melt butter and add in the flour.  Add in the milk and cook until mixture thickens.  (Do not boil!)  Add in the pureed vegetables, cheese, and sour cream and heat until warm. 

I usually double the recipe so we have leftovers for a day or two!

NOTE:  For an extra delicious taste, cook bacon with the vegetables and chicken broth.  It adds a wonderful flavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment